When you are in control of a vehicle, regardless of whether you are alone with passengers driving safely should be your sole concern for the entire journey. It is so sad to imagine that your friend died in a car accident that you were responsible for. And since we can sometimes be distracted on the road, it is very important to be aware of safe driving tips and to also practice them by heart. These tips are fun and will also help you when driving your car. If you ever find yourself stranded, look for towing service near Frankfort and you will get help.
Top 4 driving safety tips
1. Focus on driving
• You should never multitask, 100 percent of your concentration should be on the road.
• You should never use electronic devices when you are driving and this includes your phone.
• Slow down. If you are speeding, you will have no time to react to the severity of an accident. This increases the probability of causing accidents on the road.
2. Drive “defensively”
• Always be aware of what other drivers are doing around you. You should also expect the unexpected. Driving safely doesn’t mean that other drivers are also driving safely.
• Be ready for other motorists to do crazy things on the road and get prepared on how to avoid such calamities.
• Always maintain a 2-second cushion between you and the car on your front.
• If the weather is bad, let this cushion be 4 seconds.
3. Plan ahead
• Have a good timetable for any trip you will be doing. Always ensure that there is time to make and receive phone calls, rest breaks and also time to stop and eat.
• Before engaging your car with a gear, ensure that the AC controls and the mirrors are okay. This prevents you from trying to adjust them while driving.
• Whenever necessary, just pull over and take a meal. It only takes a few minutes
4. Practice safety
• If you will be moving any kind of cargo, it should be secured tightly on the vehicle to avoid it falling off and getting damaged.
• While driving, things that fall on the floor should not be retrieved until you stop
• Put the things you will be needing regularly such as toll fees and garage passes near you
• Every time, ensure that you are drug-free, sober and that you wear a belt
More driving safety tips from us.
• If you are tired or taking any medications that could result in drowsiness, you should avoid driving at all costs. It could save a life.
• Be careful whenever you are changing or switching lanes. Doing so without indicating your signal could be disastrous for your pedestrians and also other drivers.
• Whenever the deer season comes, it is time to be extra cautious. You could hit one of these and end up killing it and yourself.