None of us has ever walked out of his/her own house expecting to be stranded somewhere at night and when the weather isn’t that good. Nonetheless, regardless of the time of the day or the conditions of the weather, we always find ourselves stranded with our cars having broken down for several reasons. In such desperate moments, you will be in dire need of a Frankfort tow company to come and help you out with your problem. Before you make that call, to a tow truck company in Frankfort, here are some tips from an experienced driver you need to keep in mind.
• Before you start pressing your phone's buttons, make sure that the tow company you are about to call is licensed by the municipal council to conduct towing services. There are several benefits that come with using approved and professional towing companies.
• Reputation is also very important. Make sure that the towing company that will be handling your car has a reputation with professional and very high-quality services before you engage them with your car. Reputable companies will always deliver very high-quality services in a timely manner.
• Enquire if the towing company has a police permit to be towing vehicles in your area. If it doesn’t have a police permit, just walk away and look for a towing company that is approved by the police department.
• Before you sign anything the tow truck gives you, make sure that you read it carefully and with understanding. If you are not careful, you could be getting yourself into a binding contract that is very unfavorable on your side.
• Request the tow driver to take your car to a safe location where your mechanic or insurance company can have access to it easily. Many municipals will request that any car involved in an accident be taken to a collision reporting center before going anywhere else. You just need to know the rules.
• If your car breaks down and it is insured, you should first contact your insurance to have advice on where you should take it to get repaired. You may have insurance companies that require cars under their name be taken to certain mechanics for repairs.
• If you have your owned preferred repair shop, ask the towing company to tow your car to them, insurance companies also have preferred shops where they would like you to take your car for repairs so that you get the best services. if you are no sure where to take your car, be sure to contact your insurance company for directions on what you are supposed to do.
As I stated earlier, none of us plans about being stranded on the road. However, it is very important to know what we are supposed to do once such a thing happens. If you need such help, that’s where we come in. just give us a call.